United States, Bayport
External Job Description
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Catalysts USA, LLC is currently seeking a Logistics Manager in our Stationary Catalyst business unit, located at our Bayport, TX facility.
About us… Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents and serving a global customer base. We focus on application areas where our expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Our activities are centered on three business areas: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies, and Recycling, and each business area is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life. To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com and www.automotivecatalysts.com.
- Provide operational leadership to individual contributors to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including deliveries, loading/unloading of trailers, and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives.
- Supervises logistics processes directly including workforce and equipment scheduling.
- Responsible for managing intermediate process personnel
- Assigned four direct reports and one indirect report
- Capacity to develop future leaders for Umicore by mentoring both direct and indirect reports
- Comprehension of learning and development concepts in management
- Set staff schedules and availability for logistics and warehousing
- Ensure manufacturing team has staffing capacity for scheduled deliveries and production as needed
- Responsible for making corrective action and disciplinary decisions while working with HR
- Involved in the hiring process and customer meetings as necessary
Production Control and Logistics Responsibility
- Manage production schedules and related information and determine material requirements. Adjusts schedules to facilitate changes caused by customer needs or other production demands. Evaluates impact of customer demand changes, advises as to impacts to manufacturing to prevent shortage or expedite conditions.
- Manage various excel spreadsheets to aid in the planning calculations. These spreadsheets are used and maintained on a daily basis to reflect current production runs and customers’ orders and forecast.
- Populate and maintain Master schedule
- Ensures data integrity in the MRP systems
- Review inventory with warehousing and vendors to ensure material availability for production run scheduled
- Daily schedule monitoring for production of sales orders, final elements and raw materials including bulk
- Tracking product batches from beginning to end
- Monitor quality results to ensure timing on material availability for the coating process.
- Monitor daily manufacturing processes for all areas to ensure schedule is on track and make adjustments based on progress and customer need
- Determine priority for operations based on customer needs, raw material availability, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Coordinate with manufacturing supervisors and various other team leaders to ensure production schedule is on track.
- Coordinate line availability time for preventative maintenance, while meeting customer’s requirements.
- Coordinate line availability time for process techs for production trial runs, while meeting customer’s requirements
- Conduct finished product inventory cycle counts
- Assure manufacturing produces quantity required, monitoring phase out products and small lot run to avoid obsolescence or slow moving material in inventory
- Prepare, coordinate and present open order reports and weekly traffic material for operations meetings
- Supportive role in Lean manufacturing concepts, 5S, Waste Reduction
- Departmental back-up as required
- Develop and test SAP and MRP system to aid on the production schedule
Purpose of the Job
The Logistics Manager is responsible for managing manufacturing production by scheduling production campaigns based on demands and forecasts. This function provides guidance for manufacturing to ensure efficiency and meeting customer demands. It sets priorities for operations based on customer demand, raw material availability and manufacturing capabilities.
Education and Experience
Education and Technical Background
- Demonstrated progressive experience in Operations Planning is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or a similar field is preferred, but equivalent years of experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Strong LEAN Six Sigma knowledge and/or certifications
- Familiarity with Project Management principals
- Knowledge of data analytics and Excel formulas
- Ability to create spreadsheets for calculations
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines with competing priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal and management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and make decisions
- Must be able to work well under pressure
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Jessica Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 832.371.0419.