Operations Manager (Auburn Hills, MI)
United States, Auburn Hills_ USA
About us… Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage…To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com and www.automotivecatalysts.com .
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Autocat USA Inc is currently seeking an Operations Manager in our Automotive Catalysts business unit, located at our Auburn Hills, MI facility.
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air. Umicore is a world leader in the production of emission catalysts and our technologies enable the automotive industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tons of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and reduce emissions we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas.
Which is where you come in.
What You Will Be Doing
A) Facility Management
- Ensure facility infrastructure systems run to designed specifications with minimum interruption to vehicle and engine testing while maintaining energy efficiency.
- Support International Test Center Heads in best practices and harmonization with regard to facility operation
- Negotiate contracts and manage service personnel to maintain all facility systems
- Manage Heavy Duty Diesel office annex and offsite warehousing including test vehicle storage
B) Project Management
- Responsible for all Capex projects related to facility including design implementation and completion
- Project management for all engine test cell and vehicle test cell infrastructure projects.
- Project management for facility upgrades, additions and improvements
- Project support to maintain environmental health and safety standards
- Ensure that all projects met building and fire codes and EH&S regulations
C) Test Lab Coordination and Support Management
- Manage the coordination of onsite gasoline testing (Lab Technical Coordinator) and off-site diesel testing (Lab Coordinator/Diesel Specialist)
- Manage all testing support services, gasoline and diesel, to facilitate timely testing to the Product Development and Customer Support Groups, gasoline and diesel.
- Provide support and coordination of diesel aging and after treatment component testing at FEV.
D) EH&S Management
- Lead and manage integrated Environmental, Health and Safety Management System to maintain ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 certification.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all federal, state, local and Umicore rules, regulations and requirements.
- Michigan Air Emissions Reporting(MAERS) including fuel farm VOC’s, test cell exhaust emissions and Tier II reporting
- Emergency Management including Critical Communications Team, authorized to communicate to public and media
- Corporate EH&S KPI reporting.
E) Quality Management
- Lead and manage the quality management system to ensure the Auburn Hills Technical Center maintains IATF16949:2016 certification as a “remote” facility to Burlington, ON
- Manage the quality documentation system, ISOQuest.
What We Offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Who We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline.
This position requires 10 years on-the-job experience with
- Facility management
- Engine and vehicle chassis test cells
- Safety and environmental program implementation
- Personnel management.
- Expertise in in implementation and maintenance of EH&S management systems, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Strong knowledge of engine cell, vehicle chassis cell and diesel testing
- Strong knowledge of automotive after-treatment systems
- Strong knowledge of building process systems
- Contract negotiation experience
- Budget management skills
- Project management experience
- Automotive Quality Management system, IATF16949:2016
- Respect - able to understand others perspective or position
- Openness – understands & accepts ambiguous situations, works to find options
- Teamwork - positive, some time is spent representing Umicore with customers & suppliers
- Innovation – strives to improve efficiency efforts and activities of self & others
- Commitment – meets promised dates.
- Friendly, Communicative
- Interpersonal and coaching skills
- Problem solving skills
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Marcie Lemieux at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Umicore Human Resources at (248) 292-2248.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.