Supply Chain Manager
United States, Bayport
External Job Description
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Catalyst USA, LLC is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager in our Stationary Emissions Control Catalysis business unit, located at our Pasadena, TX facility.
About us… Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents and serving a global customer base. We focus on application areas where our expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Our activities are centered on three business areas: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies, and Recycling, and each business area is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life. To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com and www.automotivecatalysts.com.
- Define processes and manage the catalyst production planning to ensure customers’ orders from the three regions, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas are met in a timely manner
- Translate customer’s requirements into production build plan to provide manufacturing with throughput visibility to plan for capacity, manpower, and resources allocation for short and long term. Provide monthly sales volumes and build plan for financial forecast
- Manage, through the staff, raw material planning ensuring material availability for production, inventory control, phase out and phase in of products are properly performed. Communicate demand to suppliers to ensure adequate materials are available at cost effective pricing. Negotiate and interface with suppliers in case of problems and analyse the whole supply chain to solve problems effectively and at minimum cost
- Manage, through the staff, plant purchasing activities including negotiations with suppliers, competitive bidding and selection of suppliers. Support internal customers and proper placement of orders and needs
- Control freight expenditures and continually work on improvements of traffic expenses. Approve freight bills for payment
- Manage, the ordering of PGM to support manufacturing and create a PGM accountability system
- Manage and control inventory related capital employed for the Bayport site
- Assist Regional Sales Managers and their teams with various customer issues and challenges. Provide support for new products launch, processes and how best serve the customer
- Assure MICR and ISO requirements are met and followed to ensure accordance with Umicore policies and system maintenance
- Coordinate with Finance group to manage the widely varied payment terms to supporting timely shipment of customer requirements
- Manage through the staff, shipping, receiving and logistics functions to effectively meet customer requirements by shipping as required and receiving material to attend production needs. Keep plant organized and material flow layout
Purpose of the Job
The Supply Chain Management Manager is a key member of the Plant Management Team. They provide primary direction and maintain control of SCM activities, including plant scheduling, inventory management of raw and finished goods, PM management, scheduling suppliers, planning material flow within the facility, all shipping and receiving activities and logistics.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated progressive experience in Operations Planning and SCM is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or a similar field is preferred, but equivalent years of experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Expert knowledge of SAP or a similar ERP system
- Capacity to run queries in SAP and update master data as needed
- Strong Lean Six Sigma knowledge and/or certifications
- APICS certication preferred
- Familiarity with Project Management principals
- Knowledge of data analytics and Excel formulas
- Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets for calculations
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team
- Capacity to develop future leaders for Umicore by mentoring direct reports
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines with competing priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal and management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Able to work with a diverse group from different backgrounds and different disciplines
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Jessica Wright at email@example.com or by calling 832.226-3771.