Assistant Controller (Burlington, ON)
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Produce effective monthly financial reporting with analysis, including balance sheet, working capital, income statement, cash flow, cost centers spending, etc.
- Prepare and present a 5 year Integrated Business Plan for management by using existing tools.
- Prepare quarterly financial forecasts with accompanying analysis for management.
- Develop product transfer pricing.
- Generate/present reports/analysis agreements semi-annually to the Board of Directors.
- Participate in financial closing through generation of accruals, SAP distributions/assessments, and final FI/COPA reconciliation.
- Maintain costing activities for Canada through standard cost generation, review of production variances, costing lot sizes and tariffs including analysis and rate revision.
- Provide leadership on various financial assignments and lead project teams.
- Exposure to multiple Umicore entities.
- Potential for travelling globally for expat assignments.
- 1-3 years’ experience in finance/accounting roles in global companies.
- University degree in either Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Preferred: Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA).
- Proficiency in speaking foreign languages.
- Experienced in SAP and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) software
- Able to Manage the finance aspects of the business in diverse cultures and locations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Value openness, and able to work in team environment.
- High stress resilience.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure, especially at month/year end.
- Independent thinking, self-motivation
- Must be able to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions for accounting/finance/SAP issues.
- Willingness to travel and relocate
- Ability to learn quickly to ensure steady advancement
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your cover letter and resume with the subject line Assistant Controller to: