Assistant Manager Import purchase & Logistics
Procurement, Supply Chain
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Implementing systems, processes and procedures to facilitate smooth functioning of overall
- Import purchase Planning and enhance operational efficiency.
- Liaison with PPC, Warehouse, Production, QA for raw material planning and daily control of import activity.
- Daily monitoring of no of shipments clearances.
- Preparation of Management Reports (MIS) to provide feedback on clearance activities including delay, demurrage, duty penalty, freight bill accuracy, etc.
- Plan & coordinate the import material arrival according to production planning requirements.
- Coordination for purchase for raw materials & plan activities accordingly at vendor end
- Inventory control: - by maintaining timely record of all purchase activity of all the import items within the desired limit.
- Preparing, Reviewing & Publishing of MIS & Monthly reports on import Inventory based planning activities.
- Carrying out SAP transactions for PP module like taking MRP-1, MRP-2, creating purchase requisitions, material status
- SAP- WM transaction.
- Responsible for the Planning and Procurement of the Imported Raw Material.
- Validating purchase requisitions, release PO, handle procurement operations and resolve day to day issues.
- Tracking the material status and expedite on bottle necks.
- Conducting weekly purchase meeting to discuss the shortages and mitigate the production risks, purchase price variance, model switch over risk without disturbing sale’s plan.
- Reviewing of stocks and inventory planning
- Monitoring Import Custom Clearance at Port, Customs, Banks, Freight Forwarders, CHA, etc.
Education: Diploma /BE / BSC
Experience: 5 yrs of experience in Imports, Custom clearance, Co-ordination with CHA & Freight Forwarder SAP (MM).
Have better communication skills
Good Knowledge on SAP system
Good knowledge on planning tools & MS Office
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too.
That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds.
As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?