Manager R&D Projects (m/f/d) zeolites research
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- You will be responsible for the strategic development and management of long-term oriented, highly relevant research and development projects. In conjunction with this you will cooperate with customers, universities and suppliers, as well as other internal and external partners
- You will also be responsible for planning our technological development and innovation roadmap in accordance with all key requirements and timelines defined by our product management
- You will take over the technical and disciplinary lead of a diesel technology team and monitor milestones, whilst pushing forward the development of products
- You will build up, maintain and strengthen close ties with universities, institutes and raw material suppliers. Thereby you will promote internal development of competence and contribute to the development of innovative raw materials
- You have a PhD degree, preferably in Chemistry, and several years of professional experience in the field of heterogenic catalysis or synthesis of zeolites
- You have close ties within the zeolite industry (universities, start-ups, companies)
- You have a thorough market intelligence concerning suppliers, market prices and production costs
- You have know-how in generating and fostering Intellectual Property Rights
- Your persuasive power and passion for leadership enable you to ease in intercultural communication and thrive whilst cooperating in global teams
- You are a strategically minded personality with well-developed project management skills paired with entrepreneurial spirit
- You are a proven expert in zeolites for environmental applications or in the development of zeolite-based SCR catalysts
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English and German language. Mandarin is a plus
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Sandra Döring | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang