Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Reporting to Director Operations Europe you run the French catalysts plant. As a Managing Director you ensure daily management of the site according to safety, efficiency and quality targets. You are responsible for reaching strategic and operative goals. You also have to manage implementation and execution of adequate finance and controlling processes as required by the group policies and guidelines. You will:
- provide safe workplace and improve safety culture
- provide regional input into the global Integrated Business Plan (IBP) including Capex, HR, financial plans and budget data and ensure local implementation
- ensure goal-oriented deployment and process efficiencies of all organizational resources.
- manage, motivate, review and develop personnel; develop HR- and employee development concepts
- be responsible for HR, production, capital investments, maintenance, quality management, legal and corporate requirements for SHE issues, including the site specific roll-out of the group’s sustainable development objectives
- be responsible for financials, accounting, controlling and reporting and legal administration of the company in relation with Corp Legal dept. & lawyers
- be responsible for the implementation of directives from the respective business units to the marketing company
- ensure timely, complete and correct non-financial reporting of the company
- You have an advanced degree in engineering or science (BS, MS, PhD)
- You are fluent in French and English (ideally also in German).
- You have a solid understanding of finance matters.
- You have approximately 5 years international experience in manufacturing of automotive catalysts, plant management and process technology.
- You have excellent leadership skills, you inspire, create an open, winning culture with diverse teams.
- You are passionate and agile, willing to create impact.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?