China, Suzhou AC
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Technical Function and Task:
- Develop technical solutions for the customer’s applications based on changes in legislation and market/customer requirements to ensure business has timely competitive results. Execute technical strategies by managing testing programs.
- He/She is giving technical direction for the selection of the right products in customer programs with the objective to minimize complexity in the plants within the functional organization of AC-PM.
- He/She is guiding the technical discussions at the customers.
- He/She is coordinating the CL1 process of the product until PPAP is signed
- He/She ensures that the work performed in his area of responsibility meets the requirements of the ISO/TS16949, ISO14001, QS9000 (VDA6 quality assurance system and promotes the continued application of the TQM process within his/her team.
- Effective communication of customer and competitor information and status within AC-PM
- Provide input for the five-year budget plan related to his/her customer activities including testing, catalyst development know-how, and personnel needs
Functional requirements (Education, years of experience in different areas, technical skills, …)
Personal skills (Behavioural competencies)
High level of creativity, high social competence, ability to analyse complex technical problems, excellent communication abilities – internal and external, intercultural abilities
Establishes good relationships and effective network contacts inside and outside the organisation.
Analyses and describes technical challenges clearly, succinctly and efficient
Decisiveness and high pressure resistance
Strategic, tactical and financial thinking
Writes and explains convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?