Precious Metal Controller
Poland, Nowa Ruda
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
This function has responsibilities and supportive tasks for the following areas of the finance organisation and processes within AC-C’s European precious metal controlling:
- Precious metal disposition for selected customers of Umicore AG & Co KG and reconciliation of accounts (precious metal scheduler)
- Support all kind of analysis around precious metal losses/tolerances and continuous improvements in European Plants
- Support all kind of projects related to precious metal working capital reductions in European Plants
- Support calculation of metal margin provided by shared finance services
- Control net assets of precious metal by annual calculations and resulting activities to increase/decrease
In addition, the following responsibilities and supportive tasks apply for the polish plant only:
- Prepare and support all kind of precious metal related audits (from customers, internal and external audit)
- Assure that Precious Metal Handbook is properly implemented and respected in the plant Umicore Autocat Poland
- University degree/Master in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, at least Bachelor degree
- Strong working knowledge in SAP MDP module, knowledge in MM, SD, FI and CO module preferred
- Ideally knowledge around precious metal accounting
- 2+ years related experience in the industry in a finance or controlling organization or in comparable consulting business
- Solid working knowledge in budgeting forecasting, financial analysis
- basic knowledge in IFRS, Polish GAAP and Polish Tax laws
- Expert office computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- language skills (English fluent, Polish and preferred a third language (German) as a plus)
- Working experience in virtual (multi-cultural) teams and organizations
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore Autocat Poland Sp. z o.o.
ul. Słupiecka 31
57-402 Nowa Ruda