Senior Customer Service Analyst (Houston, TX)
United States, Houston
Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Administration
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Catalyst USA, LLC. is currently seeking a Senior Customer Service Analyst at our Technical Sales Office in Houston, TX (Clear Lake Area).
Automotive Catalysts (AC)
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Provide customer service for Global customers in North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Customer service activities including communication with customers, order entry, processing and technical description, schedule and realization of shipments, meet customer requirements in all aspects, and resolution of problems.
Liaison between plant, Global sales offices and external customers. Invoice customers and responsible for accounts receivable collection, follow up and reporting
Support letter of credit applications and preparations.
- Daily communication with customers, promptly respond to customer inquiries and requests. Understand issues and take necessary actions to implement or dispute requests. Involve other team members as necessary.
- Process sales order in SAP and bill of materials for modules.
- Review all sales orders and release to plant making sure all details are incorporated and checked for accuracy in regards customer’s specific requirements.
- Invoice customer globally on daily basis: progress billing, final invoices and freight invoices.
- Participate in plant production/ scheduling meetings. Support understanding of priorities and customer specific requirements.
- Liaison between customers’ needs and plant, requiring constant communication with plant supply chain
- Follow up on payment and keeping AR collection at 90%+ on time payment.
- Be familiar and support compliance with DOT regulations, AITA, GHS, export laws, IATF and environmental standards, hazardous materials guidelines.
- Request and process credit to customers as necessary
- Prepare documentation for letter of credit and submission to Finance.
- Prepare documentation for Advance payment guarantees and performance guarantees for submission to Finance.
- Implement procedures to comply with MICR
- Key user SAP on sales module
- Support implementation of metrics to measure on time delivery, premium freight.
- Support sales and use taxes requirements: exemptions certificate database, filing process.
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs
Who we are looking for
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with a minimimum of 5 years experience in supply chain and/or customer service preferred. Years of supply chain and/or customer service experience can be submitted in lieu of a degree on a one for one basis.
Demonstrated capability with Microsoft Office Suite. Expertise in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel highly desired.
Knowlege of SAP or a similar ERP system required for the role
Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
Experience working with different cultures, at different levels in a global organization
Demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external customers, suppliers and colleagues
Capacity to calculate figures and amounts. Calculations of discounts and identification of price discrepancies.
Ability to solve practical problems. The right candidate, must be able to identify, analyze and recommend solutions as needed.
Capacity to adhere to a strict code of ethical conduct
Good organizational and time management skills
Ability to work under pressure and cope with time constraints ad hoc
Interest in and capability to work independently, in a self driven manner
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Jessica Wright at Jessica.Wright@am.umicore.com or by calling (832) 371-0419.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If my expertise can help us reduce harmful emissions of power plants, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?